Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Water Water Everywhere

Saturday was an exciting day . After dinner at 9 , i listened to osho's discourse on Astavakra gita .I was half sleeping , half listening .But at about 11:30 , i though why not talk to someone .So i called Sonam and bored her till about 1:45 .Then it was time to sleep completely .

I was still awake when i felt water .It was raining heavily outside and immediately i know what has happened.Water was coming from outside and soon my room was filled with 1 feet water . My immediate concern was my laptop , so i put it in one of the shelf . Then i though about my mobile , it was already wet and i saved it from getting completely wet .

For about half an hour i kept thinking what to do .There was nothing i can do and it was still raining . I thought about going outside .So i opened my door and i saw some big rats moving towards some safe area . i was scared of them so i closed my door again .But more and more water was coming and so at about 2:45 i decided to go outside . I climbed one of the wall to go to first floor and then used stairs to go to second floor . I did not wanted to disturb anybody , so it took me another 10 minutes to decide what to do .Finally i thought that i should inform my landlord . But he was not there .So i stood there watching the rain at 3 . It was a beautiful scene and i forget about my room .

I saw that someone was at ground floor , so i went there . My landlord's room was also filled with water and they were also thinking about how to get rid of it . So i was not alone .Instead of watching them , i decided to go to my room and sleep . I jumped to one of the higher self , put my laptop and mobile there and slept . Water was at 2 foot level and it was still raining.

As i never sleep before thinking for about an hour , i started thinking about water . It was an interesting example of how life can change at anytime .Just few hours ago i was talking and now my mobile was dead and my room was filled with water . We can never expect what can happen in our life .

I thought of possibility that water will rise more and my whole room will be filled with water .Though it was impossible still i thought about it .Then i started thinking what i will do in such scenario and whom will i call if i know my death is certain . The answer was very easy . I will not call anybody .Why disturb any body's sleep . Slowly slowly i was feeling sleepy and i stopped thinking .

I wake up at seven in morning . Still water was there. But it was about one feet only . As there was no outlet , i know that i will have to do something . Fortunately, bathroom was free of water now , so i started throwing water using a bucket . After one hour all two rooms and my kitchen were back to normal .But it was complete mess . There was lot of mud everywhere . My landlady told me that she will take care of it , so i need not worry about it .

I went for a bath and the for breakfast . When i came back , everything was fine .Though there were lots of clothes to wash .I washed clothes and then decided to complete my sleep . Soon i was lost in my dreams again.

No comments: